All submissions should meet the following requirements:
- 5-7 examples of photographic work:
- - Submissions should be made in traditional or digital print format (black & white or color).
- - Size will be minimum 8" x 10", maximum 11" x14"
- - Prints only. No slides or CDs will be accepted.
- - Prints should not be matted.
- A 200-400 word description of a proposed documentary photographic project, including its rationale and objectives, technical dimensions, starting and finishing dates, and locations.
- A letter of recommendation, highlighting the applicant's scholarly and photographic interests and skills and the academic value of the project. For student applicants, the letter must be from a Berkeley faculty member who has agreed to supervise the project. (Fellowship committee members may not act as sponsors.)
- Upon completion of the project, the fellow must submit the following to the fellowship committee. (The final $500 of the fellowship will be awarded once these materials are received):
- - A paper of at least 250 words summarizing the project
- - 2 archival prints (11"x14") to be donated to the permanent collection of the Bancroft Library, including rights to their future use to promote the fellowship in print and online.
- - 6-8 images (print or digital) for inclusion on the Dorothea Lange Fellowship web site, including rights to their future use to promote the fellowship.
The workshop will be held on Oct. 26, 5:30 pm in Room B-30 in North Gate Hall.
All applicants are invited to attend this workshop, which will answer questions about how to prepare the applicant's work for submission.