Looking to spread the word about breakthrough research, upcoming events, a special class or project, or your expertise on a timely topic? Media Relations (in the Office of Public Affairs) will help find the best way to tell the public your news. Sharing that news helps fulfill UC Berkeley's obligation as a state institution to keep the public informed about campus research, teaching and scholarship.
Below, you'll find information about us as well as UC Berkeley's faculty/staff newspaper – the Berkeleyan – and the online UC Berkeley NewsCenter.
We're your one-stop shop for communicating with print and broadcast media.
Share Your Expertise
Learn about our Experts Directory, and sign up
Working with Media Relations
- Media Relations staff directory
- Press releases
- Experts Directory: Share your expertise
- Campus broadcast studios and services
- Crisis and strategic communications
Working with the media
- Media training workshops
- When a reporter calls: A step-by-step guide
- Tips on getting your op-ed published
- What's newsworthy?
- The best communication tool for you
- Frequently asked questions