09 April 2001
Janet Gilmore, Media Relations
WHAT: The "Annual Review of the Presidency," an event sponsored by the University of California, Berkeley's Institute of Governmental Studies.
Senior advisors, journalists, and academic experts will give insight, analysis and behind-the-scenes views about topics including President Bush's response to the standoff with China; the economy; Congressional handling of the Bush tax cut proposal; campaign finance reform; the final days of the Clinton presidency; and the Florida presidential election recount results.
WHEN: Monday, April 16, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
WHERE: Dwinelle Hall, Room 155, UC Berkeley.
WHO: Scheduled participants include:
* Andrei Cherny, former speechwriter for President
* Martin Anderson, Hoover Institution Fellow, transition advisor to President Bush and former special assistant to President Reagan.
* Nelson Polsby, UC Berkeley political science professor and author of "Presidential Elections."
* Richard Berke, The New York Times' chief political correspondent.
* Terri Bimes, presidential historian and visiting lecturer in the UC Berkeley political science department.