Experts to analyze election results on Thursday
07 November 2005
ATTENTION: Political reporters and editors
Janet Gilmore, Media Relations
"Election Post-Mortem: What Happened? What's Next?," a review of the Nov. 8, California special election, a panel discussion held by UC Berkeley's Institute of Governmental Studies.
Political consultants, news reporters and others will look at the results of the special election and consider what's next in California politics. They will discuss such issues as why specific ballot measures won or lost; how the election will affect Gov. Schwarzenegger; and the impact of the election results on the 2006 governor's race.
Thursday, Nov. 10, 2 to 5 p.m.
Institute of Governmental Studies library, Room 109, Moses Hall
Panelists will include:
- Mark Z. Barabak, political writer, Los Angeles Times
- Beth Fouhy, political writer, Associated Press
- Dan Schnur, Republican political consultant
- Garry South, Democratic political consultant
- Gale Kaufman, lead campaign consultant, Alliance for a Better California (umbrella group opposing Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger).