Labor Day briefing
25 August 2008
ATTENTION: Labor, economics and employment writers and editors
Andrea Buffa, Center for Labor Research and Education
A Labor Day telephone report and briefing by experts from the University of California, Berkeley's Center for Labor Research and Education and Center for Wage and Employment Dynamics about:
- California and national employment trends, and an explanation of which workers and sectors of the economy are being hit hardest by the current economic downturn
- Wage and earnings trends in California and nationwide
- Changes in health care coverage rates for workers in California and the United States
- Information on trends in union strength over the last year
- Testimonials from workers directly impacted by increasing inflation and unemployment and decreasing wage growth
10 a.m. PDT, Wednesday, Aug. 27
Telephone press conference. Call in at (888) 285-4585. The access code is 768259.
Contact Andrea Buffa at (510) 642-6371 or email@example.com to receive the Labor Day report prior to the teleconference. The report is embargoed until Sunday, Aug. 31, when it will be released and posted at: http://laborcenter.berkeley.edu.