Development and Training
Development And Training
EDT's 1997-98 catalog of programs and services will be sent to campus
career employees the second week of September. The classes listed below
are being offered during September.
For details on these classes, check the EDT
- Macintosh-File Maker Pro 2.0/2.1: Fundamentals. Sept. 10. Call IST,
User and Account Services, 642-7355.
- PC-Powerpoint 4.0-Fundamentals. Sept. 17. Call IST, User and Account
- Managing and Mediating Conflict: For Managers and Supervisors. Sept.
24. Call the Staff Ombuds Office and EDT, 642-8134.
For information or to enroll, call 643-7754.
- Elder/Adult Dependent Care-givers Support Group. Sept. 3, noon-1
This continuing group is for faculty and staff who are providing assistance
to an adult in their lives. New participants are welcome.
- Support Group for Employees Returning From a Disability Leave.
Thursdays, Sept. 4-Oct. 2, noon-1 p.m.
This group is being formed to provide additional support to employees who
have recently returned to work in the aftermath of an extended disability.
- African-American Support Group. Tuesdays, Sept. 9-Oct. 28, noon-1
This support group provides the opportunity to dialogue with others, sharing
feelings, frustrations, concerns and conflicts.
- Dementia: Impact on the Family. Sept. 12, noon-1:30 p.m. (including
optional 30-minute discussion). Tang Center, Class of '42 Room. No enrollment
Dementia causes significant changes in family life, and can result in intense
physical and emotional stress for the family caregiver. Physician Elizabeth
Edgerly of the Alzheimer's Association will discuss the issues faced by
caregivers of dementia patients.
For information or to enroll, call Health*Matters at 643-4646.
- Smoke No More. Sept. 10-Oct. 29, noon-1 p.m. Understand your smoking
habit and its health effects, identify what "triggers" your smoking
and how to cope and learn new, healthy behaviors to live as a non-smoker.
[TABLE OF CONTENTS FOR THIS ISSUE] [HOME] [SEARCH] [ARCHIVE]
Copyright 1997, The Regents of the University of California.
Produced and maintained by the Office of Public Affairs at UC Berkeley.
Comments? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.