Open Enrollment 1997 Is Here

The open enrollment period is your opportunity to enroll in or de-enroll from UC-sponsored medical, dental and vision plans, as well as change your participation in the Dependent Care Assistance Program (DepCare) and the Tax Savings on Insurance Premiums (TIP) program. You may also transfer to a different medical or dental plan, or add eligible family members to your current plans.

This year's open enrollment period is from Nov. 1 to 21. By now, you should have received your Open Enrollment 1997 personalized statement and booklet at your home address. If you have not, call the benefits office at 642-7053 to request a duplicate.

The Open Enrollment 1997 booklet reviews all changes in benefits plans, cost and family member eligibility. It is important to review these changes as well as your current benefits enrollments to ensure your benefits meet your needs. If you need to make changes, use the interactive telephone system, bencom.fone, which is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. All trans-actions must be completed by midnight Nov. 21. Make your changes early so you have time to review them and make corrections if necessary.

If you are changing medical or dental plans and need more information, packets are available directly from the plan carriers. Call the following 800 numbers to obtain a packet: Core 632-0524, Health Net 640-2004, Kaiser 464-4000, PacifiCare 982-9993, Prudential High Option 632-0524, UC Care 313-3804, Delta Dental 777-5854, PMI Dental 422-4234, Vision Service Plan (VSP) 877-7195.

Information is also available on the World Wide Web. You can begin at the Human Resources home page (, which links to UC Benefits at Office of the President and to many of the plan carriers.

Remember, open enrollment only comes once a year. Be sure to read open enrollment materials carefully, and consider any recent changes in your life that may affect your insurance and employee benefits needs.



Copyright 1997, The Regents of the University of California.
Produced and maintained by the Office of Public Affairs at UC Berkeley.
Comments? E-mail