Looking at America From Abroad: A European Media Perspective
27 March 2003
ATTENTION: POLITICAL, FOREIGN, MEDIA EDITORS
"Looking at America From Abroad: A European Media Perspective," a panel discussion at the University of California, Berkeley, by European journalists.
6 p.m., Wednesday, April 3.
Sibley Auditorium in the Bechtel Engineering Center, UC Berkeley.
- Federico Rampini, West Coast editor and Pacific Rim correspondent for Italy's La Republica
- Patrick Jarreau, Washington bureau chief for Le Monde
- Annette Levy-Wilard, West Coast bureau chief of Libération
- Thomas Kleine-Brockhoff, Washington, D.C., bureau chief for Die Zeit
- Anthony Gooch, a former spokesman and special adviser to the European Commission, who also contributes to National Public Radio's "Marketplace" show
- Godfrey Hodgson, journalist and former director of an Oxford University program for journalists
- Orville Schell, dean of UC Berkeley's Graduate School of Journalism, who will moderate the discussion.
The program is being co-sponsored by UC Berkeley's Graduate School of Journalism and Institute of European Studies, and by the World Affairs Council of Northern California.